Monday 19 January 2015

MY PREGNANCY SO FAR (UP TO WEEK 26)

As I'm nearly at my third trimester already I thought I'd give a bit of an overview of my pregnancy story so far, rather than a pregnancy update, to begin with. This week is week 26 and, to be honest, the first part of pregnancy is pretty damn boring! Especially the whole 'no alcohol, seafood, patè or anything else nice' thing. This is my second pregnancy so I have done it all before and it all merges in to one a bit more the second time, plus you already have one child to keep you busy in the meantime!


That one child is Faith, she'll be 4 in March and this one is due on 23rd April so there will be a nice 4 year gap between them. We started trying in the summer and I actually got my positive on my birthday which was a lovely little birthday present for me! I've been really lucky so far, having no morning sickness and only a small amount of nausea near the beginning. I was absolutely exhausted in my first trimester which knocked me for six a bit but other than that it's been plain sailing. The only real symptom I've struggled with is sciatica, which was the case with my first pregnancy too. It seems to just be in my left leg and is so painful at times but it seems to get a bit better with a hot water bottle and a good night's sleep.


At my first scan the date turned out to be slightly earlier than we'd calculated so that pushed my due date back by a couple of weeks. Everything looked healthy though and we got some cute pictures! After this the exhaustion started to ease up a bit and I felt a little more human. We had already told close family by this point but after scan we announced to the world and got loads of congratulatory messages which was great. It was really nice keeping it a surprise from almost everyone this time!


At the 20 weeks scan we decided to find out the sex as Jack (my partner) was desperate for a boy.. Luckily, his wish was granted! I was so excited that we would have one of each but slightly nervous because I'm so used to having a girl! I have no idea how to potty train a boy!! 😂

Since the last scan we've been slowly buying the bits we need and getting the baby's room painted and set up. I'm starting to get really excited now, the bump is getting pretty big and I can feel him moving loads; he's always kicking and wriggling when I lay down or rest an arm or something on my belly! Faith and Jack have both felt kicks and we have even seen my belly jump when he gives a really strong kick. My best friend, Ruby, is currently planning my baby shower which will be in February and I will be sure to take lots of pictures for a post on that! 

If you'd like to know any more about my pregnancy or even about my first pregnancy or parenting experience with Faith then please comment! I will give a few more updates as the weeks go on and things start getting more exciting closer to the due date. I hope you enjoyed this post as it's not something I really planned on blogging about so any feedback is definitely welcome.

Thanks for reading! 

India 

No comments:

Post a Comment