Tuesday 20 January 2015

NAVY SMOKES WITH A NUDE LIP



This a really classic smokey eye look with navy blue rather than black. I think its a really sexy, wearable way to use colour and just adds a twist to a look that is always a winner for a night out! I kept the skin quite pale with Bobbi Brown Longwear Foundation in Warm Ivory before shaping my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown and using HD Brows Ash Brown powder with a Mac 263 to fill in. 

I primed the eyes with Mac Painpot in Painterly before adding NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black on the lower lid and buffing upwards with a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. I added Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow as a transition colour just above the crease before using Prank, a very dark navy blue, from the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette all over the lid. I blended this upwards into the transition colour to really smoke the look out. Next I took Madness, a more shimmery royal blue, on my finger and patted it over the centre of the lid. I smoked out the lower lash line with Prank before using my Stila Felt Pen Liner to add a thin flick and frame the wing of the eyeshadow. I coated top and bottom lashes with Maybelline The Falsies Mascara to finish. This look would be great with some dramatic lashes too.

I used the Mac Correct and Conceal Palette to really blank out any darkness under the eyes and make the dark eye look stand out. I set the face with the Banana Powder shade from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. I used a large soft brush with Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Medium Deep (a shade darker than my skin tone) to bronze the face and add warmth. I didn't add a strong contour to avoid the face being too severe. For blush I used Bobbi Brown Nude Pink to give the look a pretty touch. Finally I lined the lips with NYX Nude Pink liner and filled them with Mac Hue Lipstick, a pale nude, to really flatter and balance out the heavier eyes.

I really love this twist on an old classic and I think its such a easy way to create a unique but flattering look for any night out.

What do you think of a blue smokey eye?

Thanks for reading,

India xx

No comments:

Post a Comment