Thursday 20 November 2014

WEARABLE ORANGE EYE LOOK




In contrast to my last post, I wanted to show how bright colours can be worn on the eyes without looking like a clown! I went for orange today because its not usually a colour that I reach for but I wanted to push my boundaries a bit. I started the face as usual, with Bobbi Brown's Longwear Oil Free Foundation and shaped my brows with my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown. 

To start the eyes I primed them with my Mac Painterly Paint Pot and started off with Buck, a warm brown shade from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, through the crease as my transition shade. Next I took Mac's Orange Eyeshadow which is a very bright matte and used a Mac 217 to blend this deeper in to the crease adding the key bright orange shade to Buck. For the main area of the mobile lid I packed on Toast, a warm coppery glitter shadow from the Naked 3 Palette. I added Buck and Orange until I was happy with the intensity of colour and used a big fluffy brush to blend out the edges. I topped off the brow bone with a pale matte cream shade to highlight and then created quite a dramatic flick along the top lash line with Bobbi Brown Gel Liner. I blended some Buck and Orange along the lower lash line as well and then coated both sets of lashes with Maybelline The Falsies Mascara.

I used Mac's Correct and Conceal Palettes to correct darkness under the eyes and conceal redness around the nose as well as adding a bit of highlight to the centre of the face and under the eyes. I set this all with the Banana powder from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette before using a fairly big brush to add some bronzer/contour to shape and warm up the face. For blush I used Bobbi Brown Desert Rose, a mauve-pink which contrasts well with the orange of the eyes. I dusted some of the shimmer from the Contour Palette on the tops of the cheekbones and finished off with a slick of NYX Lip Gloss in Beige (which is actually a pretty pale pink and not beige at all!).

Would you brave wearing orange on the eyes?

India xx


No comments:

Post a Comment